MEDIA RELEASE * I am 18 years of age
In consideration of the right for me to participate in Orthodox Union events and for my appearance in promotional photographs, images, videos, motion pictures, performances, brochures, websites, or related materials, I – on behalf of myself and my heirs and assigns – hereby agree as follows:
• I irrevocably authorize The Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America (“Orthodox Union”), and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, successors and assigns (collectively and individually “OU Producers”) to photograph, film, videotape, record, reproduce, portray, and otherwise exploit my appearance, voice, name, biographical information, image, and actual or simulated likeness (collectively and individually, “Likeness”), and to use the results and proceeds thereof, including all video and audio recordings, photographs, and film or any other media (collectively and individually, “Recordings”) produced by or on behalf of the OU Producers that incorporates any of the foregoing, for any purpose whatsoever, all without further obligation or compensation. The foregoing rights extend to all media, in all forms and versions, now known and hereafter devised, throughout the universe and in perpetuity and in any ancillary exploitation thereof, including in connection with publicity and advertising. I shall have no rights of review or approval regarding the aforementioned Recordings and the OU Producers shall have the right to edit or delete those Recordings in their sole discretion. I understand that all rights in and to the recordings made about my participation, including the negatives, film, video, outtakes, sounds, and the images contained therein, shall be Orthodox Union’s sole and absolute property.
• I release and forever discharge the OU Producers from all causes of action, suits, debts, damages (including injury to or death of any person or persons or injury to or damage to property), claims, judgments, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) and liability of any type or kind whatsoever (collectively and individually “Claims”) arising from or in connection with: (a) my participation in events; and (b) the use or publication of any Recordings of me made in connection with my participation in events. I waive any right of privacy associated with my likeness, appearance, biographical information, and name. I waive any right to compensation related to the use of my Likeness. I hold harmless and release and forever discharge Orthodox Union from all claims which I now have or may hereafter have for invasion of privacy, defamation, or any other cause of action, in connection with my Likeness or by reason of this Media Release.
• As between Orthodox Union and me, Orthodox Union shall be the exclusive owner of the Recordings and all intellectual property rights in the same, including rights under copyright. To the extent that any intellectual property rights arising from the use of my Likeness in the Recordings may not vest in Orthodox Union, I hereby transfer to Orthodox Union the entire rights, title, and interest in and to the same, throughout the universe and in perpetuity, and all grants, permissions, and consents enumerated in this Media Release.
• I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AM FULLY AWARE OF ITS CONTENTS AND THE RISKS INVOLVED IN MY PARTICIPATION, AS WELL AS THE LICENSE, AND RELEASE, I HAVE AGREED TO HEREIN. I VOLUNTARILY ACCEPT AND ASSUME THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATION, AS WELL AS THE LICENSE, AND RELEASE I HAVE AGREED TO HEREIN.
• I warrant that I am at least eighteen years of age (or, if not, that I am at least thirteen years of age and my parent or legal guardian has agreed to the foregoing and signed below) and that I have the full, complete, and unrestricted right and authority to enter into a contract for myself (or, if not, that I am at least thirteen years of age and my parent or legal guardian has agreed to the foregoing and signed below), and on behalf of my heirs and assigns.
• If any provision of this agreement is held to be unenforceable, the remainder of it shall continue to be in full force and effect.