For the third year, NCSY Alumni & OU Alumni is partnering with Germany Close Up to offer a subsidized group trip to Germany for Jewish college students and young professionals.
The 11-day program between May 26th and June 5th (starting in the US will be May 26th ) will expose participants to Berlin’s multicultural life, allow them to visit sites such as a former concentration camp, the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe and the Jewish Museum in Berlin, and to experience other key historical sites and cultural venues. They will meet with German opinion-makers from the academic and political spheres, representatives of grass roots movements and the Jewish community, as well as German contemporaries. The role of Jewish voices in transatlantic relations will be explored as participants actively contribute to German-American dialogue.
The program will focus on the following topics:
- Berlin and united Germany
- The Holocaust and the Nazi Era (incl. a visit to a former Concentration Camp)
- Transatlantic/German-American relations (incl. a meeting with officials of the German Federal Foreign Office)
- Current German Politics
- Jewish Life in Berlin, past and present
- German-Israeli relations
- A visit to Leipzig and Munich
Apply now – application closes February 26th, 2015 – on the application form, select ‘Young Professionals’ program, and then ‘OU May 26-June 5th’
Further information: OU Germany Close Up Trip 2015 (.doc)